The Arizona Department of Corrections works closely with Department of Economic Security and the Attorney General’s office to assist with collecting genetic specimens per court order.
If you need to establish paternity, please contact the Arizona Department of Economic Security.
Department of Economic Security
Division of Child Support Enforcement
P.O. Box 40458
Phoenix, AZ 85067
(602) 252-4045 or (800) 882-4151
Or use their website to download Application For IV-D Services/Genetic Testing Agreement at:
Complete the application to request DES’s assistance with obtaining the required court order and lab test.
The Arizona Department of Corrections (ADC) requires the following information in a signed Arizona Court Order.
ALL COURT ORDERS FOR GENETIC TESTING OF INMATES FOR PATERNITY TESTING - MUST CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Inmate name
- Inmate’s ADC number
- Inmate’s date of birth
- The Arizona court order must state “ADC shall perform the taking of the necessary physical sample”
- All court orders must be submitted through an Arizona court.
- Case number will be assigned by the court (Example: No. JD-01234)
- The Arizona court order must be signed by a Judge of the Superior Court of the State of Arizona.
- The contracted laboratory (when notified by DES) will e-mail a copy of the signed Arizona court order to ADC and we will begin our process.
THE ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS WILL:
- Verify the information obtained in the court order and supporting documents to ensure accuracy of collection.
- Once accurate information has been received we will forward the collection request to the current facility for collection.
- The facility will schedule the inmate for an appointment to be collected at the health unit.
- We ask our facilities to collect and return sample within 30 days from the date central office forwarded the request.
- Collections may take longer when the inmate is offsite for various appointments or housed out-of-state.
Resources Numbers for Genetic Testing:
|Arizona Dept. of Corrections Health Services||
DES Customer Service Maricopa County to obtain information in your County.