To speak to a recruiter or schedule an appointment, call (602) 542 - 7572
- Any existing testing component can be modified and components can be added at any time.
- When all the processes have been completed you will be placed into a hiring pool with other applicants for the prison you have chosen, and as soon as we have an opening at that prison, we will make you a final job offer and arrange for your academy start date at COTA (Correctional Officer Training Academy)
- Proof of Age and United States Citizenship or lawful Permanent Residency i.e. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport or Immigration for I-1551
- Your High School Diploma or equivalent
- Your Military Discharge papers, showing type of discharge i.e., DD-214 long form
- Valid driver license
- Completed Arizona Department of Administration Employment Application
Employment Application Part 1
Employment Application Part 2
- Completed Arizona Department of Corrections Reference Letter
- Applicant Checklist
The entire process consists of the following steps:
The written exam that consists of 60 multiple choice questions; (average time to complete is 50 minutes)
The test consist of the following categories of study:
- Observation & Recall of Detail
- Following Written Instructions
- Human Relations / Criminal Justice Knowledge
- Reading Comprehension
Once you pass the written exam you will be made a conditional job offer.
Complete a background addendum.
Fitness test consist of eight components that must be completed within 45 minutes.
This is a three part exam that can take 2-4 hours to complete.
When you leave for the day you will be emailed the background questionnaire, given instructions on how to complete the background online and where to send any additional documents needed. At this time you will also be scheduled for your medical/physical.
Please see the Medical/Physical requirements here:
- As an applicant you will be required to undergo a drug screen test.
- The drug screen test will involve an analysis of a urine specimen.
- You will provide a specimen at a designated collection site.